Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why Fit RA Chick?

I'm 30 years old and have struggled with my weight for my entire life. After being a slightly chubby teenager, I gained a bunch of weight in my early 20's until I hit my heaviest point at 198 pounds. I joined Weight Watchers in 2005, started exercising and lost 60 pounds in 10 months.
I kept the weight off for about a year and a half than 20 pounds slowly crept back on. Than in 2008, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis which just completely complicated matters. I was in constant pain. Walking was difficult. I'd get out of bed in the morning and my joints would be stiff for 2 hours. Needles to say - exercise wasn't happening. I gained another 15 more pounds.
So now - my RA is pretty much under control thanks to a crazy combination of medications. I'm back into exercising, lost 10 of the 35 extra pounds and gradually increasing my fitness level. Figured a blog would help keep me on track.
Being a fit chick with Rheumatoid Arthritis is my ultimate goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment